News

Jonas Brothers confirm ‘it’s over’

Jonas Brothers confirm ‘it’s over’

IT'S OVER: Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas (center) and Nick Jonas at an event in September. The brothers confirmed they are splitting up their band. Photo: Associated Press/ Arthur Mola/Invision

The Jonas Brothers have confirmed they are splitting up after weeks of speculation about the future of the band.

Rumors the brothers were preparing to go their separate ways were sparked when they axed their U.S. tour earlier this month.

The sibling band has now confirmed the split, with Kevin Jonas telling People.com, “It’s over for now.” The brothers told People the breakup was unanimous and came after Nick Jonas told his brothers in a meeting earlier this month that he felt “trapped.”

Nick Jonas adds, “It’s really hard to say ‘forever’… We’re closing a chapter, for sure.”

The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.

The band had been scheduled to release its fifth album later this year.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Actor James Shigeta dies at 81

Miyoshi Umeki and James Shigeta star in Flower Drum Song in 1961.

"Die Hard," "Lost Horizon" and "Mulan" star, James Shigeta, dies at 81.

in Trending, Viral Videos

TODAY’S MUST SEE: How to cool a drink in two minutes

Cold Drinks

Never drink a lukewarm beverage again! Check out this helpful summer trick.

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: July 29

benjerrys

A look back at the Hollywood headlines that went down in history.

in Music

Lily Allen’s fake handcuff photo sparks police investigation

Lily Allen poses for photographers on the red carpet at the EE British Academy Film Awards held at the Royal Opera House on Sunday Feb. 16, 2014, in London.

A police investigation launches after Lily Allen shares an Instagram.com photo of herself pretending to be arrested by a cop in Australia.

in Music

Aretha Franklin storms out of fast food joint

FILE - In this May 11, 2013 file photo, Aretha Franklin performs during McDonald's Gospelfest 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.Franklin won’t say what has caused her latest health problems, but says she’s had a “miraculous” recovery and is looking forward to performing soon.In a phone interview on Tuesday, Aug. 20, Franklin said that she recently had a cat scan and that it showed she was 85 percent improved. The 71-year-old has canceled several concerts and public appearances and blamed it on unspecified treatment.

Aretha Franklin stormed out a Johnny Rockets in Ontario, Canada last week after a nasty encounter with a rude employee.